🌈 Together we are for inclusive volleyball! Sovicos is not only a fun club, it is also a place where everyone, truly everyone, is welcome. At Sovicos, there is no room for exclusion on any grounds whatsoever. Whether you are straight, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, pansexual or otherwise, everyone is equal.
Every year, Coming Out Day takes place on the 11th of October. This is an international day of attention and respect for the LGBTQ+ community. These days, we fly our online rainbow flag on social media channels. Will you join us?
Why do we fly the rainbow flag?
The Rainbow Flag takes a stand against racism, aggression and exclusion and stands for diversity, equality and safety. As a sign of solidarity and the promotion of emancipation and safety, we fly the rainbow flag online and in the canteen. And that is much needed because unfortunately, exclusion and aggression against lhbti+ people still occurs on a daily basis. This rainbow flag shows that everyone should feel accepted and safe wherever it flies.
At Sovicos you are welcome and allowed to be who you are.
What else can you do on Coming Out Day? 🌈
- Quickly order your rainbow flag if you don’t already have one, e.g. here;
- hang a rainbow flag line in the canteen, your home and/or sportshall;
- In case you have many online meetings scheduled on October 11th? Take advantage of Zoom’s digital backgrounds;
- share your posts / stories on social media and use the hashtag #ComingOutDay;
- if you make an Insta-story there are really cool giphy’s you can use;
- Post a picture of yourself with the rainbow flag on social media and tag us (@sovicosvolleybal) so we can share and show that Sovicos is a club for everyone;
- Do the inclusion check and, of course, let us know where we stand.
Because, how are we doing?
Of course, posting once a year on coming out day or gay pride and flying a rainbow flag online does not make everyone automatically feel welcome at Sovicos. So, do you think something should change and/or do you have ideas on how we can better promote inclusiveness? Get in touch!