At Sovicos the protection of your personal data is of great importance. This Privacy Statement describes how we handle your data with care in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation. This entails that:
- your personal data is processed in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided;
- the processing of your personal data is limited to the data that is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- permission will be requested if this is necessary for the processing of your personal data;
- appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken to ensure the security of your personal data;
- no personal data is passed on to third parties, unless this is necessary for the implementation of the purposes for which they were provided;
- as your personal right, you can request the access to, rectification or deletion of the personal data received.
Processing of personal data
Sovicos processes personal data of its members because our services are used and/or because this data has been provided to us. Personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- registration as a member;
- handling (contribution) payment(s);
- sending invitations to general meetings, newsletters and/or mailing;
- calling or emailing when it’s necessary to be able to carry out our services;
- information about changes to our services and products.
The basis for this processing is registration as a member of Sovicos.
Below is an overview of the personal data that we can process:
- First name
- Date of birth
- Phone number(s)
- Email address(es)
- Bank account information/IBAN
Sovicos does not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to realize the purposes for which the data is collected. Personal data is stored for as long as one is a member of the club, and thereafter only for financial administration, for a total maximum of 7 years.
We may provide the data you provide to us to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the purposes described above. For example, we (possibly) use a third party for:
- IT facilities for website maintenance and the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation;
- the (financial) administration;
- providing newsletters, invitations, etc.
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not signed a processing agreement. We make the necessary agreements with parties (processors) to guarantee the security of personal data. Furthermore, we will not provide personal data provided to us to other parties, unless this is legally required and permitted. An example of this would be the police requesting (personal) data from us in the context of an investigation. In such a case, we must cooperate and are therefore obliged to provide this information. We can also share personal data with third parties if you have given written permission.
Within the EU
We do not provide personal data to parties located outside the EU.
We only process personal data of minors (persons younger than 16 years) if written permission has been given by the parent, guardian or legal representative. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information from a member under the age of 16 without that permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing, such as:
- all persons who can access personal data on behalf of Sovicos are bound by confidentiality;
- We use a username and password with all our systems;
- if there is reason to do so, pseudonyms and encryption are provided;
- personal data is backed up so that it can be restored in the event of physical or technical incidents;
- measures are regularly tested and evaluated;
- the members of the Board and committees, and those involved in the organization of seperate activities, are informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
Separate permission for the use of photographic material
In addition to the personal data, photographic material is also subject to the GDPR. To avoid ambiguity, Sovicos requires separate written permission. You can also choose not to give permission. You can always (temporarily) withdraw your consent later. This is possible via the forms below. Please note: there is a separate form for senior members and youth members, and both forms are available in both Dutch and English.
Rights regarding your data
You have the right to access, inspect, rectify or delete the personal data we have received from you. You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or part thereof) by us or by one of our processors. You have the right to have the data provided transferred by us to yourself or another party on your instructions. We may ask you to identify yourself before we can comply with the aforementioned requests. If we are allowed to process your personal data on the basis of your permission, you always have the right to withdraw this permission.
You can send a request for access, rectification, deletion or transfer of your personal data, a request to withdraw your consent, or an objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com. We would also like to point out that you have the option to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can do that via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement and/or wish to contact us, you can do so via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arend Vijfvinkelplein 1
2552 RX ‘s-Gravenhage